Police Home Page
Police Personnel
Phone Numbers
Police FAQ's
Police Forms
Police Golden Watch
Alcohol Beverage Control
City of Hurstbourne Acres

Hurstbourne Acres Police Department
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hurstbourne Acres part of the Metro Government?
No. The merger only involved the former Jefferson County and City of Louisville Governments. None of the small suburban cities, including Hurstbourne Acres, are included.
Where are you located?
The City Hall and Police Station are both located at 1916 Hurstbourne Circle, Louisville, KY 40220.
I am going out of town; will the police watch my house?
We do have a house check program for Hurstbourne Acres residents. There is short form that you will need to fill out. It can be downloaded here and dropped off at our station, or you may also pick up a copy at our station.
I would like to inquire about starting a block watch on my street, who do I contact?
Chief Griffin is our Block Watch Coordinator. Call our station at 499-2352 and leave a message for him. You may also email him at griffinhapd@hurstbourneacres.org
How do I report illegal activity such as Narcotics or Vice?
If it is an emergency situation or in progress, call us at 9-1-1 or 553-7318. Additionally you may contact Crime Stoppers at 582-CLUE (582-2583) who will forward your tips to us.
How do I find out if someone has been arrested?
All persons age 18 and over arrested in Jefferson County are taken to Metro Corrections. They can be reached at 574-8477. It takes about an hour before the arrested person is in their system. Juveniles are taken to the Jefferson County Youth Center (JCYC). Their number is 574-6854.
I need to be fingerprinted for a job or license, do you do fingerprinting?
No. You will need to go to Metro Corrections downtown at Sixth and Cedar Streets. You can also go to the Jeffersontown Police Department. They do it on Wednesdays between 09:00AM - 03:00PM, at $10.00 per card.
How do I get a copy of my arrest record?
Contact the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts.
How do I swear out a warrant on someone?
Go to the Warrants and Mediation Office at the Hall of Justice located at 600 W Jefferson St. Their office hours are Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM. Their phone number is 595-3106 if you need more information.
How do I find out if I have a warrant?
You must go in person to the Hall of Justice and show a picture ID.
My vehicle was towed. Where is it and how do I get it out?
We contract with Dave’s Towing Service, 4822 Poplar Level Road Louisville KY 40217 Phone 962-1020. You must be the registered owner or have a notarized document from the registered owner authorizing you to pick up the vehicle.
There is an abandoned vehicle on my property, will you tow it away?
Only if it is stolen or needed as evidence in a criminal investigation. Otherwise, it is the responsibility of the property owner to have the vehicle removed.

City of Hurstbourne Acres
1916 Hurstbourne Circle
Louisville, Kentucky 40220-1643
Phone: (502) 499-2352
Copyright © - City of Hurstbourne Acres - All Rights Reserved